Project Invest, a program of ECU's Child Care Resource & Referral Agency and Smart Start South Central, is designed to enhance the learning opportunities for Ada's youngest children through business and community support of local child care programs.
Child Development is Economic Development
Studies show that early childhood environments and experiences have profound impact on brain development. Did you know that 90% of that development takes place by the age of three?
Research supports correlation between negative early childhood experiences and:
- the number of public-school students requiring special education.
- the number of students who drop out of school.
- adults diagnosed with anxiety, depression, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and stroke.
- adults requiring public assistance or incarceration.
- adults who work low-paying jobs.
Quality child care programs benefit employers and communities because they provide experiences that promote healthy development for children.
These children will grow to become a well-prepared, educated workforce.
Ready to invest?
Join us for our annual Christmas Tour of Homes Fundraiser each year in December.
For more information about Project Invest, please call: